Super Seesaw – SLJ Task 19

Kia Ora bloggers,

For todays task we had to create a sper seesaw.  To make this I used a metal type of spatular, 2 rubber bands, tape , a small bucket and a foil rolled as a ball. I got the ball into the bowl a few times and that was the challenge. Overall it was fun and even after the video finished I kept playing with it.

Here is the screencastify:

Thank you for visiting my blog.
Blog Ya Later!!

2 thoughts on “Super Seesaw – SLJ Task 19

1. Kia Ora Asmah,

This is Zana from the Summer Learning Journey. Great to see you starting off your summer learning journey with a second Nano Girl activity.

What an awesome start to our Nano Girl challenges, these are awesome STEM based activities to keep your scientific thinking active over the summer months. Very fun for our future scientist.

It looks like you have created an awesome functional seesaw or catapult, it is great to hear that you adapted your catapult to work with the materials you had available. You did an amazing job introducing the activity and explaining what you are doing in your video, it was very easy to follow and understand.

I would love to know what you found most challenging about this activity and what upgrades you would do to improve your catapult?

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana
    SLJ

2. Kia ora Asmah. Ka pai on building your catapult. I think you’re a natural when it comes to creating videos to explain your learning. I noticed your catapult was more accurate when you started holding the green bucket still. I wonder if you could find a way of keeping that still without having to hold onto it?